Meeting time/Date: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2017
Location: Greater Pine Island Elks Lodge, Pine Island Center
All meetings are free and open to the public. You may also join or renew your annual membership for $10 per person. For more information, please contact Roger Wood, President at 920.421.3984.
Dec. 5 Agenda:
- Presentation by Ryan Faust of Bates Architects and and Brent Evans of Creighton Development about the 7-Eleven Gas Station and Convenience Store proposed for the south side of Pine Island Road, east of Nikkis Lane. This is their second presentation to the GPICA membership. During the first presentation in November, many attendees objected to the color and style of the building. Brent Evans agreed to revise the elevations and resubmit them at this months meeting. The changes suggested included:
- Enlarge and kick out the front entry more
- Add a kicked out rear entry
- Score the stucco to simulate horizontal siding
- Add stucco accent corner boards and window trim to simulate “cottage style”
- Use a more attractive color than beige
- Provide a site plan to address traffic concerns.
Dick Anderson will also make a presentation on the Lee Voter Freedom Initiative, a non-partisan initiative that would open the election of Lee County Commissioners to all residents of
Lee County. Right now, write in candidates are often used to close primaries; nearly 60 percent of Lee County voters could not vote in last year’s election because primaries were closed.
GPICA board member Claudia Bringe will also discuss the latest information on the proposed Mosquito Control District-Pine Island Airfield on Woodstock Road.