GPICA General Meeting: 7 p.m. May 1, 2018
Please attend the Greater Pine Island Civic Association’s General Meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 1 at the Elks Lodge, just west of the four way stop sign. (See agenda below.)
Summer meeting notice: The Greater Pine Island Civic Association will be holding SPECIAL MEETINGS during the months of June, July, August and September. These meetings are tentatively scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month. Please be sure to pay your annual membership dues if you’d like to vote on any of the issues that will be coming up over the summer months. You do not need to be a member to attend meetings, but you do need to be a member to vote. Annual dues are $10 per person and can be paid by cash or check before the start of the meeting. You can also fill out a membership form and mail it, with check, to the Greater Pine Island Civic Association, P.O. Box 3044, Pineland, FL 33945.
Greater Pine Island Civic Association Agenda, May 1, 2018
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Objective and Purpose of GPICA
- Chiquita Barrier status and Caloosahatchee pollution
- Bylaw status (see our current bylaws)
- Pine Island Flatwoods arsenic status
- GPICA IRS Status
- City of Cape Coral application for five (5) new boat ramps; possible GPICA resolution: “The GPICA strongly opposes the construction of any additional boat ramps on the recently annexed property by the City of Cape Coral adjacent to Micelli’s Restaurant.”
- GPICA Board Elections Update & Fix: To fix past errors, we plan nominations for eight (8) GPICA Board members and will also be accepting nominations from the floor.