Join Us Tuesday on Zoom for Our August Meeting
- When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021
- Where: On Zoom.
- Join the meeting using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88252706040?pwd=ZjJxZTE2dkpQajhhKzhSQ2JhLzZaZz09 or go to www.zoom.us/join and use the meeting ID: 882 5270 6040 and passcode: GPICA
- Call into the meeting at 1.301.715.8592
- GPICA President Helen Fox will discuss the public’s reaction to the Publix plaza and proposed 94 townhome development; she’ll discuss the Lee County rule that residents may not contact commissioners regarding zoning objections and outline previous attempts to limit development, including the Pine Island Plan and the 810/910 rule.
- Noel Andress, a Bokeelia resident and expert in Florida development who has served on the boards of the Lee County Local Planning Agency, the Southwest Florida Watershed Council and the Lee County Airport Special Management Committee, will provide an overview of how the development process works and how residents can get involved.
The Board will also provide updates on the:
- The repaving of Pineland Road and our meeting with staff from the Lee County Department of Transportation;
- Plans for redeveloping the Bocilla Island Seaport at the north tip of the Island in Bokeelia;
- Committee work on septic to sewer conversion.
Please note that all Zoom meetings are recorded and will be posted to our website.