The Objective and Purpose of the Pine Island Civic Association (GPICA)
The purpose of the GPICA shall be civic in nature, so as to unite, in common cause, the residents and organizations of Greater Pine Island… in a continuing effort to preserve and maintain a desirable, livable community. Within this purpose, the GPICA shall promote environmentally responsible planning or smart growth; shall promote preservation of sensitive natural areas and shall recognize and promote the unique character of our rural and agricultural island community and uphold those sections of the Lee County Plan that deal with Greater pine Island and support those objectives. The GPICA shall undertake civic and educational actions to serve these purposes.
All persons 18 years of age or older who subscribe, in principle, to the objective and purpose of the GPICA as stated above, and who reside or own property on Greater Pine Island, which includes Pine Island east through Matlacha (including Matlacha Isles), are eligible to join GPICA. By joining, you will help protect Greater Pine Island and its unique character. Dues are used to support the organization, including helping to defray costs involved in protecting the Pine Island Plan and defending it against challenges.
To Join or Renew Your Membership:
- Individual Annual Membership: $15
- Couple Annual Membership: $25
- Individual Lifetime Membership: $300
- Couple Lifetime Membership: $500
Join or Renew Via mail:
- Download/fill out a membership form (download the PDF)
- Print and mail, along with $15 per person or $25 per couple, to the Greater Pine Island Civic Association, P.O. Box 3044, Pineland, FL 33945. If you’d like to become a lifetime member, the fee is $300 per person/$500 per couple.
Join or Renew Online:
- Visit our Square store online now to make a secure online payment for membership. After we are notified of payment, we will contact you for these membership details