The Greater Pine Island Civic Association’s intent is to provide all the Information possible, and to answer all questions, related to the idea of incorporating.
On Sept. 1, 2017, GPICA submitted straw poll results, draft charter, feasibility study (and SWOT analysis) and voting district boundaries to the Office of the House Clerk. These are preliminary drafts submitted for review and correction.
These were created for the State of Florida’s review and comments, and to begin to gain the support of our Southwest Florida Legislative Delegation to sponsor a bill for incorporation of The Village of Matlacha-Pine Island. These documents will be revised per Legislative suggestion and further legal review and will be resubmitted for sponsorship in the 2019 Legislative Session.
In the meantime, we welcome input from residents on these documents and are beginning the process of gathering signatures of all Matlacha and Pine Islanders who support the incorporation of The Village of Matlacha-Pine Island.
- The Village of Matlacha-Pine Island Incorporation straw poll results. PLEASE NOTE: This was an August 2017 press release. The timeline has since been revised to reflect presentation for incorporation during the 2019 legislative session.
- Matlacha-Pine Island Feasibility Study and SWOT analysis, 8-31-17 (SWOT=Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)
- The draft charter for The Village of Matlacha-Pine Island, September 2017
- The Village of Matlacha-Pine Island boundary description and voting districts
- Color map of voting district boundaries
- Village of Matlacha-Pine Island Presentation (in PDF)
- Village of Matlacha-Pine Island Presentation (in powerpoint)