Learn About Community Updates During the June Meeting of the Greater Pine Island Civic Association
The June meeting of the Greater Pine Island Civic Association (GPICA) will focus on community updates for issues we’re currently following and addressing with Lee County Commissioners and staff.
In addition to opening remarks and the treasurer’s report, the meeting will include updates on:
- A Shared Use (Bike) Path from Veterans Parkway to Pine Island Center
- The Pine Island Pandemic Task Force
- Island traffic issues
- The kayak launch site in St. James City
- Work on a request for a sewer study for the Island that the board is undertaking.
In addition, the board will provide updates on GPICA website security enhancements and dues structure.
- The meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 1 via Zoom. Join the meeting using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88252706040?pwd=ZjJxZTE2dkpQajhhKzhSQ2JhLzZaZz09
- Or go to www.Zoom.us/join and enter the Meeting ID, 882 5270 6040, and Passcode, GPICA
- You can also call in to the meeting via 1-301-715-8592. Have the Meeting ID ready: 882 5270 6040
Please note that all Zoom meetings are recorded and will be posted to our website. To view a previous meeting, please visit GPICA.org.
The Greater Pine Island Civic Association was incorporated in 1957 and is a 501(c)4 nonprofit community organization that works to protect the coastal-rural character of Pine Island and its enclaves — Matlacha, Matlacha Isles, St. James City, Pine Island Center Bokeelia and Pineland — for the betterment of the community and its residents. Members and non-members are always welcome to attend the monthly meetings.