Join Us Online Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021, for the Next GPICA Meeting
The Greater Pine Island Civic Association (GPICA) will hold its next monthly general meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021, via Zoom. Members and non-members are welcome to attend. To join the meeting, please use the link below.
- Join our October meeting via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88252706040?pwd=ZjJxZTE2dkpQajhhKzhSQ2JhLzZaZz09
- Or visit https://www.zoom.us/join and use the meeting ID and Passcode to join the meeting.
- Meeting ID: 882 5270 6040
- Passcode: GPICA
Featured Speaker: Lee DOT Director
On Tuesday, Oct. 5, we welcome Randy Cerchie, Director of the Lee County Department of Transportation, as our main speaker.
Mr. Cerchie will discuss:
- Traffic volume on the Island
- Issues at the intersection of Pine Island and Stringfellow roads
- The development of the new Publix shopping plaza (Calusa Cay) and the Orchid Cove townhomes behind it
- A shared-use-path study for Pine Island Road (through Matlacha).
- The meeting will include opportunities for Q&A with Mr. Cerchie so please come prepared with your questions!
Other items on the evening’s agenda include updates about:
- Palmetto Berry harvesting in the Flatwoods Preserve
- Research on development orders approved for the Island
- A hearing before the Lee County Hearing Examiner about the variance requested for a liquor store in the new Publix plaza
- The latest trends in Covid-19 numbers from the Pine Island Pandemic Task Force